Do you ever feel like you are going in circles, like you aren’t getting where you want to go? Even if we have goals, it is easy for us to lose focus or let enthusiasm for our goals wane as the world presses in on us.
An article by Craig Jarrow, published on the Time Management Ninja, has 8 helpful tips that keep you on course and help you Get Where You’re Goaling.
Here are 10 Ways to Know Where You Are Going Today & Get There:
- Look at Your Todo List – Keep a detailed todo list. It doesn’t matter if it is on paper or your smartphone. What is important is that you are aware of the tasks you need to do and write them down.
- Review Your Calendar – Where are you supposed to be today? Managing your calendar prevents conflicts, last-minute issues, and can actually recover much wasted time. Give your calendar the attention it deserves.
- Write Down Your Goals – Where do you want to be down the road? What are your hopes and dreams? Write them down. Be specific. Many people hesitate to write them down because they feel it locks them in. You can change your goals as your life changes. But, you must have them in the first place.
- Do Something That You Should be Doing – Put priorities first. Being productive is good, but working on the things that take you where you want to be is better. Make sure you do the things that matter most.
- Take Care of Yourself – You won’t be going anywhere if you don’t take care of yourself. Too many people put off taking care of themselves. Make sure you maintain your health and well-being each and every day.
- Don’t Repeat Yourself – Learn from your actions. That is what experience is all about. Don’t be afraid to take risks and make mistakes. Just makes sure you learn from them or you are bound to repeat them.
- Partner With Others – The journey is much easier and better with others. Often, your travelling partners can point out things along the way that you might have ignored or taken for granted.
- Do Your Habits Today – You are what you do today. If you want to get where you are going, make sure you do your habits each and every day. It sounds simple, but it is not.